Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day edition

Today is Father's day and I am blessed to have two wonderful, healthy boys that keep me on my toes.  I also miss my father who passed away over 18 years ago in the Spring of 1996.  Being a father can seem to be a tricky job.  As a teacher, I have witnessed what poor parenting can do to our children.  Today, while skimming through the comics, Dennis the Menace had a simple and poignant strip.  All of children were to draw a picture of what their dad's love the best.  All of Dennis's friends drew images of golfing, fishing, dad's car, etc.  Dennis simple drew a picture of Dennis and his mom.  After reading that I realized that being a dad may not be as difficult as it seems if you simply choose to love your children more than your objects and activities.

Happy Father's day to everyone out there.  If you don't have children, that is okay.  You can still be a father figure to someone that needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment