Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Time for the Twins to rethink the Aaron Hicks experiment.

I will always be a Kirby Puckett man.  No one could roam the centerfield like he could.  He was a leader and all-around amazing player.  There have been many exceptional Twin's outfielders since the days of Puckett.  Who can forget players like Torii Hunter and Denard Spahn, but I have a soft spot for Kirby.  The new Twins center fielder, Aaron Hicks, is being touted as the next great Minnesota center fielder, but I am afraid that he is simply not ready.  As of this post, Hicks is hitting .175 and despite some pop in his bat and some brilliant catches in the outfield, I think he could use more time in AAA ball.  At times he looks completely lost up there batting.  I think a few months in the minors to work on the mechanics and evaluate what is going wrong would be a great benefit for the young player.


No comments:

Post a Comment